Monday, February 2, 2009

Tired - rant rant rant!!!

This isn't my proper blog post for the assignment on today's presentations, because I'm just too tired to think after rushing all those assignments out for the facebook module.

Yesterday was the first time I had free time to myself since school started. Free time, as in I had things to settle and homework to do for other modules, but I had the time to sit down and actually think about those other things to settle.

The past 3 weeks were insane. I think I got rather depressed after awhile, when I had to skip an important friend's gathering I was looking forward to on Thursday night to rush the facebook application project due at midnight. And I know as the only artist my group needed me that night.

I had no weekends - if I wasn't working on the app I was worrying about whether I can conquer CSS in the limited time left. I ate 1 meal a day coz of the improper times I was working on the project. Luckily I still kept my weight.. ^_^

I slept/worked 3 overnights in COM 1 and 1 overnight in the PGP study room along with the rest of my team. The COM 1 sofas on the first floor are my best friends now. We usually leave at 10am the next day, after which we collapsed into bed.

I even came back to SOC on the 2nd day of the new year holiday to work on the app with my team. To my horror, I actually discovered Janus's group already there working on their app. And then Boa's group also. And some other groups also I think. >_<

I remember Janus happily waving a ang bao at me and asking if I wanted to eat the heh bee hiam he brought. *Speechless*

I'm thinking we must all be crazy.

One day I stayed till 9am and then realized that I had classes from 12-6pm that day.I couldn't take it anymore so I decided to go home to sleep for 2 hours before going to school again. At 11am I woke up, looked at my clock, thought of school = COM 1, and decided I'm so sick of school I'd rather just sleep some more. I'd been excited to attend the 12 - 3 seminar for NM4208 but if I go I'll just stone or even worse break down. Couldn't take it anymore..>_<

However, I had to drag myself out of bed at 2.30 for another important project meeting for NM4343 and then guess what... The project meeting was another 4 hours in SOC.

The first time I slept in SOC was for the nation-wide game design competition I helped organized, and I thought it would be the one and only time. Turns out life has surprises in store for me. >_<

I even had to quit my part time job for this module!!!!

ARGH!

THIS IS MADNESS!!!!

So much for module on improving social networking ..its entirely destroying my social life....

******************************************************

Which is why, also, that I've decided to go for this very important musical on 13th Feb instead of going for the Facebook pitching session. I had set the date to go for the musical way back in November 2008, and I'm very much looking forward to it. The head scriptwriter is someone I know very well and I wouldn't miss his work for anything, especially since the musical is running for only one night.

I would dearly love to come to the facebook pitching session to hear everyone's ideas on their final app, but enough is enough. I need to reclaim my life and make some proper decisions...>_<

p.s. Prof Ben, I was really alright when you passed by just now, even though I was covering my eyes.. ^_^ I was going through the presentation in my head and I needed to block the rest of the world out coz I get really stressed out over these things.

That said, I'm pretty surprised at my presentation today, I think its the best presentation I've given so far in my years of NUS presentations... no fumbling, lots of engaging audiences and stuff. Jimmy, Toan, and Yu Ming helped me alot when we were rehearsing! I really owe my presentation to their advice, and they know very well how I was panicking and hesitating during all our 3 run-throughs. I never could perfect my speech, without lots of "umm umm help...what should i say here..."and that was only presenting to 3 guys!

I think probably because I was cold and exhausted and nervous and just couldn't care the heck anymore, that I could give that presentation just now. I swear I had a splitting headache all through the whole thing, I just wanted food and sleep... >_<

No comments:

Post a Comment